Saturday, February 17, 2007

Rainy day at Kyoto


Hi, This Saturday, I went to Emperoir's old Palace park of Kyoto and Takano River. At that Palace, I watched White's thrush, unidentified thrush(photo), Japanese gros beak, Great tit, Pale thrush, Dusky thrush, Olieve backed tree pit, Japanese Green
woodpecker(only voice).
I was in hurry, because it might be rain. A friend of mine living at Kyoto suggested me to go to Takano river to watch Long billed plovers.
This couple of birds is getting their new nest and she said to me "we may see their display and copulation. "
They came soon at the riverbank where there are a lot of pebbles. I could see their display, but unfortunally, Capacity of my camera battery lost,
so I changed to new batteries, But,,,,these two birds were standing apartly, Oh, my god, it has already finished,,,,
I waited for their next dsiplay, but it began to rain. I finished to watch this bird any more.
I went to next place to watch a Whiten(Chlorosi?) female of Pintale. I could get enough photos of it!

It rained hard, so I took those pictures under the bridge. Thank you!